Monday, December 20, 2010

Everbody, everybody.

About a week and a half ago, I found myself driving a dear friend home. We started talking as we sat in front of her house. I looked at the gas level. Thought about it for a minute. And turned off the car.

We then proceeded to talk for over an hour.

About life. About love. About insecurities. About school. About friends. About everything.

And while we were talking about love, we both brought up how we... love love.

How when we have that feeling of being loved, we adore it. Whether our family shows it to us in a thoughtful way, a cute boy tells us he has romantic feelings for us, a friend gives us a big hug, or anything, really. We all just cling to it.

And I think girls especially. Yes, boys like love, I'm sure. Especially when they find the right one. But there's a reason that chick flicks are the movies about love. There's a reason we love those romantic scenes played out in movies (or real life). There's a reason the first kiss, the proposal holds so much significance for us ladies.

Because we really love love.

And sometimes, I think that can be dangerous.

There are some girls that love it so much, they'd do anything for it. They just throw themselves into the arms of any guy who comes along. They rebound fast as lightning after a break-up.

It's not necessarily that they're insensitive, it's just that they crave that feeling of being loved.

You know the one.

When you know there's that person you can always rely on. Who you can call at anytime and they'll sit and listen. Who will offer you the best advice. Who will laugh with you. Who will laugh at your lame jokes. Who tells you you're beautiful. Who never gets tired of your somewhat lames stories because they're interested in your life.

These girls really want that feeling. In truth, everyone does.

Everybody.


To quote Ingrid:

"Everybody, everybody
wants to love.
Everybody, everybody
wants to be loved."


Oh, truer words were never spoken.

Sincerely,
Anna Elizabeth

P.S. I don't claim to be an expert on love. In fact, I've never even experienced it. And I know that. I don't like the phrase "I love you" to be used in high school (but that's another post for another time). This is just an observance about human nature. What I've noticed from the small taste of life I've had. And when I say everybody wants to be loved, I don't necessarily mean love in the romantic head-over-heels-we-were-made-for-each-other-and-will-be-eternal-companions sense. But we all honestly need love, in one way or another. We need affection.

And that's all I'm trying to say.

1 comment:

Shelby Brimley said...

:) Yes. Us girls are like that huh? Go Ingrid.